IMMEDIATE IMPLANT IN BANGKOK
What are immediate (same-day) dental implants?
Immediate dental implants vs traditional dental implants
Traditional dental implant treatment can be a long process. After a tooth is taken out, your dentist may recommend a 3-6 month wait to allow the area to fully heal before implants can be placed. After that, there will be at least a two month wait to allow the bone to heal before a crown can be placed on the implant. All this means that the whole process can take anywhere between 5 to 10 months.
Immediate dental implants are ideal for patients who want to restore their smile without waiting for months. Immediate implants can also be more affordable compared to other options, such as crowns, bridges or dentures because they are a one-time procedure with no additional costs afterwards (unlike dentures, for example).
Advantages of immediate dental implants
- Restoration is immediate – No need to wait for months for the bone to heal
- No need for bone grafting or tooth extraction
- The procedure can be completed in one surgical appointment, plus one or two appointments on either side for a consultation and a checkup
- The implant fuses to the bone better
Disadvantages of immediate dental implants
- Not suitable for all patients – If the patient’s mouth and jaw are not healthy enough to support a new tooth or teeth, they may need additional treatment before getting their implant
- Higher cost compared to traditional implant because this requires more equipment and extra staff time to do everything in one day instead of over several visits
- There is a possibility your existing teeth could be damaged if there aren’t enough nerves left after removing them all at once – make sure you talk about any health issues with your dentist before deciding whether this method is suitable for you!
Ideal candidates for immediate dental implants
To be considered for immediate dental implants, you should:
- Be an adult over 18 years old. If your child is under 18, they may still be a candidate for same-day dental implants if their dentist recommends it and the procedure can be completed at their clinic.
- Have healthy gums and no cavities. If your gums are inflamed or swollen, or if you have a toothache or other oral health issues that require treatment before the placement of a new crown, then you’re not likely to be able to undergo same-day dental implantation on the same day as your initial consultation.
- Have healthy teeth with a good bone structure to place an implant. It also helps if these natural teeth aren’t angled too much toward one side of your mouth—it will make placing an implant easier and more comfortable.